Buytile.com is always looking for talented, committed individuals to join our growing team. In all positions, we seek the qualities of diligence, passion, and devotion to flawless service. Our growing company has openings in customer support, administration and marketing. If you think you fit this description and would be interested in learning more about careers at Buytile.com, please forward your resume and an informal cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must love tile. Buytile.com is committed to the ideals of human dignity and respect for society and the environment. Buytile.com is an equal opportunity employer.
Commercial Account Sales Rep (Brooklyn, NY Office / Travel in Metro NY)
If you're looking for an opportunity to put your sales career on fast-forward at a growing e-commerce retailer in Brooklyn, we'd like to hear from you. Our company is very entrepreneurial and you must work well in an environment where you will set your own schedule. You will be increasing our commercial account base through cold calling and subsequent client site visits. No single day will be the same.
The Sales Representative is responsible for establishing relationships with customers, contractors, architects and designers and providing them with the best service and product for their project. You must be able to work evenings and weekends, and work 45-55 hours per week. You must have your own car as many days you will be traveling throughout the metro area to meet with your clients at their construction sites or office.
Your compensation will be tied to customer satisfaction and new account growth. We offer a competitive base salary and commission.
- Knowledgeable in all products sold on our website. Work with clients to ensure they choose the best product for their needs.
- Selling tile and related products to exceed customer, contractor, architect and designer expectations.
- Conducts weekly sales calls and develop strategy for appointments with potential accounts and prepares travel calendar based on that strategy.
- Prepares weekly "Sales" and "Call" reports. Continually measuring performance against sales goals and making adjustments as necessary to meet expectation.
- Conducts area market analysis of top accounts in each area -- Contractors, Builders, Architects and Designers.
- Develop deep relationships with customers, contractors and designers by treating them with respect, ensure open communication with clients whether it is follow-ups, thank you notes and more.
- Work with Customer Service to track orders and provide customers with updates on product delivery status.
- Partner with internal customer service to ensure we over-deliver on our promises to our clients
- Present yourself in a professional manner at all times. Be able to build rapport with contractors and designers.
- Know and learn innovative and creative sales techniques.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or higher, preferred.
- Ability to work well with others in a fast paced, commission sales environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Friendly and helpful tone when on the phone
- Strong work ethic.
- Willingness to exceed expectations.
- Clean driving record and reliable transportation
- Ability to read, write, and speak in English (a second language is a plus).
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to distinguish between various styles, colors, and textures.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and lead tracking applications
- Experience in related fields is a plus (home improvement, furniture, electronics, customer service, home furnishings, hospitality, flooring, sales, retail, etc.).
- Keen eye for and interest in design and knowledge of the do-it-yourself industry, preferred.